Contact

Sunday 4 November 2012

The pink Kerala Cotton Saree

Last month, I went to a friend’s home in Kerala to spend my vacation with her after a long time. She invited me quite a few times before as well, but I could not go as I was so busy earlier. As I reached there, I was very happy to see her and we made of lots of plan. As she is a native there, she offered to show me around the city and wanted me to take a look at the culture and dressing of the place as I was a fashion designer by profession, which made me quite interested in such things.

In the afternoon, she came to me with a pink cotton saree and asked me to wear it for the outing. I was quite surprised that she had already planned what I would wear. I was touched by her thoughtful care and I took the saree from her to take a look at it. I, however, never wore cotton sarees ever before and I was a little apprehensive about how would I appear in it. She assured me that it would look just fine and then she helped wear it properly as you can understand wearing a saree in the right manner is one difficult thing of you are too inexperienced. Once I was ready, I looked in the mirror and could not stop from smiling. It was a nice pink cotton saree with handcrafted finish and beautiful screen prints. It reminded me of my mother, how she adorable she looked in the cotton sarees! This moment would stay on my memory for ever.


0 comments:

Post a Comment